If you have multiple options for speakers or microphones, your computer may select the wrong device. You can fix this in your computer settings through the following steps:
1. Plug in your devices. External microphones may be a webcam or standalone microphone.
2. Open Settings. You can do so by clicking the Start button and clicking the gear button on the left side.
3. Open System.
4. On the left menu, click Sound.
5. Select the correct output and input devices. The volume bars beneath each device have a colored bar that jumps around based on how much sound it detects.
6. Test your programs. If your speakers or microphone are still not functioning correctly, submit a Happy Fox ticket for further assistance.